RE: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size

От Igor Neyman
Тема RE: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
-----Original Message-----
From: ghiureai [mailto:isabella.ghiurea@nrc-cnrc.gc.ca]
Sent: Tuesday, January 09, 2018 5:54 PM
To: pgsql-performance@postgresql.org
Subject: PG 9.5 2 tables same DDL with diff size

HI List

I am trying to understand the following :

have 2  identical PG cluster on diff hosts, same postgresql.conf, same db schema :

  same tale DDL and row counts but different size ( 14GB diff  ), I run reindex and full vacuum analyze,  but I can not
decreasethe size of larger table(50GB) to match the size in second

PG cluster.

any tips what can make this 2 tables to have diff size except the host ( same OS and PG version 9.5.3)?

Thank you

Table is still bloated because of some long running transactions, which don't allow full vacuum to do its job?

Regards,
Igor Neyman