get PGDATA as non-postgres user

От Sofer, Yuval
Тема get PGDATA as non-postgres user
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi

I need to get PGDATA location when I logged in as non-postgres user.

I cannot see data_directory from pg_setting table as non-postgres user.

Any work around? Any other way to retrieve that information?

If not, what is the quickest way to enable non-postgres user to have PGDATA location.

Of course I can create table as postgres and grant select to the non-privileged user. But I wonder if there is a quicker solution.

Thanks,

Yuval Sofer
BMC Software
CTM&D Business Unit