Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing

От Scott Carey
Тема Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> Lucky you, having needs that are fulfilled by sequential reads.  :)

> I wonder how many hard drives it would take to be CPU bound on random
> access patterns?  About 40 to 60?  And probably 15k / SAS drives to
> boot.  Cause that's what we're looking at in the next few years where
> I work.

About $3000 worth of Intel --- mainstream SSD's = 240GB space (6 in raid 10) today, 2x to 3x that storage area in 1
year.

Random reads are even easier, provided you don't need more than 500GB or so.

And with something like ZFS + L2ARC you can back your data with large slow iops disks and have cache access to data
withoutrequiring mirrors on the cache ($3k of ssds for that covers 2x the area, then).

Сообщение: Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing
Сообщение: Re: Need help with 8.4 Performance Testing