Re: command to check the database size ?

От Plugge, Joe R.
Тема Re: command to check the database size ?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Sorry, I overlooked that you were on an ancient version of Postgres ... you really need to migrate to a newer version.

-----Original Message-----
From: Khangelani Gama [mailto:Khangelani.Gama@ucs-software.co.za]
Sent: Thursday, March 25, 2010 8:49 AM
To: Brad Nicholson; Plugge, Joe R.
Cc: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
Subject: RE: [ADMIN] command to check the database size ?

Hi

I get the following :

db9879=# SELECT pg_size_pretty(pg_database_size('db9879')) As fulldbsize;

ERROR:  Function pg_database_size("unknown") does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

Sorry the previous command gives me the following,  I actually ran it in my test server(pg 8.3) when I ran it the first
time:

db9879=# SELECT schemaname, tablename,
db9879-# pg_size_pretty(size) AS size_pretty,
db9879-# pg_size_pretty(total_size) AS total_size_pretty
db9879-# FROM (SELECT *,
db9879(# pg_relation_size(schemaname||'.'||tablename) AS size,
db9879(# pg_total_relation_size(schemaname||'.'||tablename) AS total_size
db9879(# FROM pg_tables) AS TABLES
db9879-# WHERE schemaname='public'
db9879-# ORDER BY total_size DESC;
ERROR:  Function pg_relation_size(text) does not exist
        Unable to identify a function that satisfies the given argument types
        You may need to add explicit typecasts

Thanks

Khangelani