Re: Slow Update

От Adrian Engelbrecht
Тема Re: Slow Update
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
(VARIABLES)in the IN clause and not do a replacement of all values in column1 with "0" as suggested previously, you
mightwant to place the 26000 variables in a temporary table that is either sorted physically in the required search
order,or indexed, then place a select on the IN clause from that table.<p>I'm not surprised it's taking a long time to
runthe update. Firstly, it's an update, and secondly, for each of the 26000 rows in the table, it is comparing with
120480893<p><a
href="https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=N6T2FQ7WRPHH4">https://www.paypal.com/refer/pal=N6T2FQ7WRPHH4</a></div>From:
BrunoWolff III <bruno@wolff.to> To: Ricardo Valen�a de Assis <valenca@campusvirtual.br> CC:
pgsql-admin@postgresql.orgSubject: Re: [ADMIN] Slow Update Date: Wed, 9 Mar 2005 09:19:18 -0600 On Wed, Mar 09, 2005 at
11:44:33-0300, Ricardo Valen�a de Assis <valenca@campusvirtual.br> wrote: > Hi everydoby! > > I have a
tablewith more than 26000 rows and I need to use update a > column of this tables on all lines according with a
column.So, I need to > use update 26000 times correct? I tried to use a this command: > "UPDATE database SET
column1=0WHERE column2 in (VARIABLES)", where > VARIABLES is the list separeted by commas. But the list has about
26000> entries, so I got a message of too long parameters. Is there a way to use > UPDATE pushing values from a
file?Is there a way to run update more faster? > It is taking about 10 seconds for each UPDATE... Does anyone knows
another> form to do this task? If you really want to do this for all rows in the table just do: UPDATE tablename SET
column1=0;> > ----- Original Message ----- > From: "Daniel Rubio" <drubior@tinet.org> > To:
<pgsql-admin@postgresql.org>> Sent: Wednesday, March 09, 2005 8:33 AM > Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Too many
clients----Abig problem for my team Why did you include this message that had nothing to do with your question?