Re: Change to 'timing on' globally

От Balkrishna Sharma
Тема Re: Change to 'timing on' globally
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Thanks. If I want to do at system-wide level, where do I store the psqlrc file (assuming I want to change the timing behavior system-wide)?

(CentOS 5, Postgres 8.4)

$ ./pg_config --sysconfdir
/opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/etc/postgresql

But I don't have /opt/PostgreSQL/8.4/etc/postgresql directory. Just creating the directory and putting a psqlrc file over there does not seem to work.

On a side-note, I observered that timing value in ~/.psqlrc was ignored by psql -c "..." command but not by echo "...."|psql
Thought it was strange.