Re: db recovery after raid5 failure

От Balkrishna Sharma
Тема Re: db recovery after raid5 failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
If the database is not extremely huge, makes you wonder what does a RAID actually give us. A robust near-realtime replication setup (say PITR + cloud) may be good enough against once in a few years of disk failure.
atleast you don't add another point of failure that you (your database/OS) can't do anything about.