Re: db recovery after raid5 failure

От Balkrishna Sharma
Тема Re: db recovery after raid5 failure
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
> average about two drive failures a month
You must be having a real huge postgres setup with several hundreds of drives to have such high frequency of failure.

> As a place to put "one more
> copy" it might make sense, as long as it had strong encryption.
I didn't expand but that's what I meant. The copy in cloud to be your final resort incase the LAN and the WAN copy both fail. You get an extra copy in a different geographic location for some catastrophic event.