question on passing parameter in sql query

От Karthikeyan Sundaram
Тема question on passing parameter in sql query
Дата
system tables inquiry & db Link inquiry  ("Karthikeyan Sundaram" <skarthi98@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-sql
Hi,

   I don't want to compare with Oracle and postgres. But I have a situation.
  I am using psql command line tool supplied by postgres.

   In Oracle I can say

    select * from emp where emp_id = &1

   Oracle will ask:
   Enter a value for 1:

   If I enter 10, then Oracle will get the empid=10

  What is the equal command in postgres ?

Regards
skarthi

Spaces