Re: Read-only access to a database

От Karthikeyan Sundaram
Тема Re: Read-only access to a database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
when you create a role, you can specify, nocreate option.  Then when you
grant the tables to this user give only select privilege.

Regards
skarthi

>From: "Brian A. Seklecki" <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
>To: "Morten W. Petersen" <morten@nidelven-it.no>
>CC: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Read-only access to a database
>Date: Wed, 21 Mar 2007 13:46:53 -0400
>
>Wouldn't you just set read-only ACLs for that role on all of the objects
>in the database in question?
>
>~BAS
>
>On Wed, 2007-03-21 at 17:42 +0100, Morten W. Petersen wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to create a user that has read-only access to
> > a database.
> >
> > I've read the docs and fumbled around a bit (even
> > tried to use phppgadmin) - but nothing works.
> >
> > "CREATE USER username" is about as far as I've
> > gotten.  Which other commands would I have to
> > use to enable read-only access to a database?
> >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Morten

> >                http://archives.postgresql.org
>--
>Brian A. Seklecki <bseklecki@collaborativefusion.com>
>Collaborative Fusion, Inc.
>

>IMPORTANT: This message contains confidential information and is intended
>only for the individual named. If the reader of this message is not an
>intended recipient (or the individual responsible for the delivery of this
>message to an intended recipient), please be advised that any re-use,
>dissemination, distribution or copying of this message is prohibited.
>Please notify the sender immediately by e-mail if you have received this
>e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from your system.

>TIP 1: if posting/reading through Usenet, please send an appropriate

It�s tax season, make sure to follow these few simple tips
http://articles.moneycentral.msn.com/Taxes/PreparationTips/PreparationTips.aspx?icid=HMMartagline