questions on multibyte

От Karthikeyan Sundaram
Тема questions on multibyte
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi all,

    I am new to postgres.  I have converted my current db from sql_ascii to
unicode.  I followed the instructions give by some site called moodle and it
worked.

    I have some basic questions.

1) How will I insert multibyte from insert statement?  I figured out a way
to insert multibyte, but want general opinion.
2) I want the data to be transferred to warehouse.
3) I login to psql and do a select the multibyte. (I did a plain select).
and push to a flat file so that the warehouse will upload. The data appread
to be scatterd to multiple lines which I am not able to insert into my
warehouse. How will display the multibyte chars from psql command line?
4) Do I need to install some modules or functions or any methods?

   Please advise.

Regards
skarthi
Podbridge Inc