system tables inquiry & db Link inquiry

От Karthikeyan Sundaram
Тема system tables inquiry & db Link inquiry
Дата
Re: [SQL] system tables inquiry & db Link inquiry  (Scott Marlowe <smarlowe@g2switchworks.com>)
create view with check option  ("Karthikeyan Sundaram" <skarthi98@hotmail.com>)
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

    We are using Postgres 8.1.0

  Question No 1:
  =========
   There are lots of system tables that are available in postgres. For
example pg_tables will have all the information about the tables that are
present in a given schema.  pg_views will have all the information about the
views for the given schema.

    I want to find all the sequences.  What is the system tables that have
the information about all the sequences?

   Question No 2:
   =========

     I have 2 postgres instance located in two different servers.   I want
to create a DBlink (like in Oracle) between these 2.  What are the steps
involved to create this.

   Any examples?  Please advise.

Regards
skarthi

Win a Zune��make MSN� your homepage for your chance to win!
http://homepage.msn.com/zune?icid=hmetagline