Re: Huge amount of memory consumed during transaction

От henk de wit
Тема Re: Huge amount of memory consumed during transaction
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
> > I have work_mem set to 256MB.
> Wow. That's inordinately high. I'd recommend dropping that to 32-43MB.

Ok, it seems I was totally wrong with the work_mem setting. I'll adjust it to a more saner level. Thanks a lot for the advice everyone!

> Explain is your friend in that respect.

It shows all the operators, but it doesn't really say that these all will actually run in parallel right? Of course I guess it would give a good idea about what the upper bound is.

regards

Сообщение: Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?
Сообщение: Re: How to speed up min/max(id) in 50M rows table?