Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4

От Mr. Dan
Тема Re: COPY FROM command v8.1.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

>This is pretty confusing.  You mean that groups of 25 adjacent rows were
>missing in the output?
Yes, isn't that interesting?  It's always in a group of 25 rows.  This is
always random.  Say 800,000 to 800,025 out of 12 million represents one
random group of 25 rows.

>What's the (24+1) supposed to convey?
One time we thought we counted 24 rows. (in a row - yes adjacent)

>groups aligned on 25-row boundaries in the whole output (ie, are there
>an exact multiple of 25 rows before each dropped group)?
Yes

>How are you doing the copies, exactly?  SQL COPY command, psql \copy,
>something else?
We've tried SQL COY and psql \copy and always get random results - 0,1, or 2
blocks of 25 rows missing.

Is there a pre-compiled version of postgres we can try ?  Where could I
download that?  We built postgres with GNU make 3.80, the documentation says
3.76 and higher is ok.

От: Kevin Johnson
Сообщение: Disk space consumed by pk not returned after vacuum or reindex
От: Ellen Cyran
Сообщение: After how many updates should a vacuum be performed?