Postgres won´t restart after system crash

От roberto ms
Тема Postgres won´t restart after system crash
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I´m using postgres 8.1 undex linux slackware 10.2.

I can´t restart postgres after a system crash.

I get a message that says that permission is denied while creating
postmaster.pid.

I tried to list (ls -l) the .../data directory, and I get:
/usr/bin/ls: postmaster.pid: denied permission.

The same goes for pg_ident.conf and postmaster.opts files.

I can´t even create any file at all under .../data directory, as root ou
postgres user.

Somehow I no longer have access rights over the postgres data directory.

What should I do ???

Thanks for any input.

Insta-le agora o Windows Live Messenger
http://get.live.com/messenger/overview