Re: protecting database from internet access

От ashish srivastava
Тема Re: protecting database from internet access
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hi,

I have to design authentication and authorization tables in the postgress
database depending on the roles of the users. What strategy should i follow.
The transcation is going to be at most secure i.e. https and ssl enable.

can you help with some example.

Thanks,
Ashish

>From: "codeWarrior" <gpatnude@hotmail.com>
>To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] protecting database from internet access
>Date: Wed, 12 Oct 2005 08:13:31 -0700
>
>   From the postgreSQL docs:
>16.7. Secure TCP/IP Connections with SSL
>19.1. The pg_hba.conf file
>   19.2. Authentication methods
>     19.2.1. Trust authentication
>     19.2.2. Password authentication
>     19.2.3. Kerberos authentication
>     19.2.4. Ident-based authentication
>     19.2.5. PAM Authentication
>   19.3. Authentication problems
>
>""ashish srivastava"" <ashu_shri@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > hi,
> >
> > please do the needful..
> >
> > I am using j2ee on the server side and postgresql as the database to
> > connect. This database is exposed to the internet.
> >
> > The user is shown a login page in which user enters its username and
> > password. Password authentication takes place.This password is
> > authenticated on the basis of password field in the userprofile table.
> >
> > some questions :-
> > 1)can anybody tell me how to do this so that the database is at most
> > secure on the internet ?
> > 2)should i have different password(login password) for the connection
> > string ? or connection string password should be same and authentication
> > should be done by fetching the password value from the userprofile table
> > for the coressponding user ?
> > 3)Encrypting the password ?
> > 4)Adding the password in the session so that once authentication is done
> > user is allowed for authorization for different resources such
> > databases,tables etc..
> > 5)providing some SSl or tunneling to the database ?
> >
> > please help with some examples..
> >
> > i am presently using pg admin III on windows of postgresql. later on
>might
> > switch to linux.
> >
> > i have read about pg_hba.conf file..But these things are not clear to
>me.
> >
> > Thanks,
> > Ashish

> > Finding it difficult to find your life partner?Here is your solution
> > http://www.bharatmatrimony.com/
> > http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/bm05/bm_msn_tagoffline.htm

> > TIP 5: don't forget to increase your free space map settings

NRI SPECIAL OFFER!Zero balance account for 20 years! Get it now!
http://creative.mediaturf.net/creatives/citibankrca/rca_msntagofline.htm