Re: Unable to connect to a specific database

От Sally Sally
Тема Re: Unable to connect to a specific database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Well after kill -9, it was in recovery mode but I restarted the server
again. It took a while (~ 45min) but it connected again. I have noticed that
after a vacuum it takes a while to connect for the first time. You mentioned
kill -9 is very bad news. Everything seems to be working fine now, should I
be worried? What are the consequences?
Thanks

>From: Andrew Sullivan <ajs@crankycanuck.ca>
>To: pgsql-admin@postgresql.org
>Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Unable to connect to a specific database
>Date: Mon, 16 Jan 2006 12:38:09 -0500
>
>On Fri, Jan 13, 2006 at 09:19:30PM -0500, Christopher Browne wrote:
> > It is possible that you have corrupted the database by issuing "kill
> > -9."
>
>If that's true, then WAL doesn't work.  kill -9 shouldn't be any more
>harmful than a machine crash.  That is to say, it's very bad news,
>but it shouldn't actually corrupt the database.

>--
>Andrew Sullivan  | ajs@crankycanuck.ca
>I remember when computers were frustrating because they *did* exactly what
>you told them to.  That actually seems sort of quaint now.
>        --J.D. Baldwin

>TIP 6: explain analyze is your friend

Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect to a specific database
Сообщение: Re: Unable to connect to a specific database