Re: Recovery Data Cant Be!!!

От Edwin Quijada
Тема Re: Recovery Data Cant Be!!!
Дата
Список pgsql-general
can you tell me what is the rigth way to setting the params to become
Postgre in SD (SuperDatabse, indestructible) storage subsystems, wal
parameters, etc.

*-------------------------------------------------------*
*-Edwin Quijada
*-Developer DataBase
*-JQ Microsistemas
*-809-747-2787
* " Si deseas lograr cosas excepcionales debes de hacer cosas fuera de lo
comun"
*-------------------------------------------------------*

>From: "scott.marlowe" <scott.marlowe@ihs.com>
>To: Edwin Quijada <listas_quijada@hotmail.com>
>CC: <pgsql-general@postgresql.org>
>Subject: Re: [GENERAL] Recovery Data Cant Be!!!
>Date: Fri, 7 Nov 2003 13:29:57 -0700 (MST)
>
>You're likely looking for pgfsck:
>
>http://svana.org/kleptog/pgsql/pgfsck.html
>
>Strong medicine, please backup your $PGDATA directory before playing
>there, as you might wind up breaking things.
>
>What's the exact error message in your logs when the database won't start
>up?
>
>The problem you're seeing is common when running on IDE drives with write
>cache enabled, or with fsync=false on IDE with write cache disabled or
>SCSI.  On a solid storage subsystem, postgresql is close to
>indestrubtable, i.e. you can crank up 500 simo transactions, pull the
>plug, and the database will come right back up.  That's how we test our
>servers to make sure that the WAL and such is working properly.
>
>On Fri, 7 Nov 2003, Edwin Quijada wrote:
>
> > Hi!!
> > There is an app to recover data for postgres after inapropiate server
> > shutdown or power electrical down?
> > I have a great problem. My system go down inapropiate and now my server
> > doesnt up.
> > What 's up with my data?
> > I lost my data?
> > I dont believe that a robust database like postgres is so weak for power
> > down and understand that can go down electrical power but fail 2 ups.
> >
> > If somebody has any idea to help me this is the log file
> >
> > The server must be started under an unprivileged user id to prevent
> > a possible system security compromise.  See the documentation for
> > more information on how to properly start the server.
> >
> > LOG:  database system was interrupted at 2003-11-07 10:54:32 CET
> > LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
> > LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
>FALSE
> > LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
> > LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> > progress
> > LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
> > PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
> > LOG:  startup process (pid 1327) was terminated by signal 6
> > LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure
> > LOG:  database system was interrupted being in recovery at 2003-11-07
> > 23:33:19 CET
> >         This probably means that some data blocks are corrupted
> >         and you will have to use the last backup for recovery.
> > LOG:  checkpoint record is at 1/34600318
> > LOG:  redo record is at 1/34600318; undo record is at 0/0; shutdown
>FALSE
> > LOG:  next transaction id: 6326695; next oid: 5776573
> > LOG:  database system was not properly shut down; automatic recovery in
> > progress
> > LOG:  redo starts at 1/34600358
> > PANIC:  Invalid page header in block 8805 of 17097
> [...]

MSN Shopping upgraded for the holidays!  Snappier product search...
http://shopping.msn.com