Re: PL/PGSQL - dynamic variable names

От Ben Carbery
Тема Re: PL/PGSQL - dynamic variable names
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Actually there is a section in the manual on this problem:
http://www.postgresql.org/docs/9.0/static/plpgsql-implementation.html#PLPGSQL-VAR-SUBST

On 29 June 2011 11:41, Ben Carbery <ben.carbery@gmail.com> wrote:

Hm, "a" isn't a variable,it's the value of stuff[1].

It's both..

DECLARE
    a integer;
    b integer;

The point is I want a dynamically named variable. Here I've named them the same as stuff[i] but they can be anything provided it is a different variable name on each loop iteration. The manual is not entirely clear on where loop variable substitution does and does not apply with FOR.

Did you try
declaring a,b,c,d as the return type of the respective functions?

How would this help?