Re: tuning on ec2

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: tuning on ec2
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Apr 26, 2011 at 11:15 AM, Joel Reymont <joelr1@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'm running pgsql on an m1.large EC2 instance with 7.5gb available memory.
>
> The free command shows 7gb of free+cached. My understand from the docs is that I should dedicate 1.75gb to
shared_buffers(25%) and set effective_cache_size to 7gb.

Sounds like a reasonable starting point.  You could certainly fiddle
around a bit - especially with shared_buffers - to see if some other
setting works better, but that should be in the ballpark.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: Robert Haas
Сообщение: Re: Checkpoint execution overrun impact?
От: David Boreham
Сообщение: Re: Postgres refusing to use >1 core