Re: Time to put theory to the test?

От J Sisson
Тема Re: Time to put theory to the test?
Дата
Re: Time to put theory to the test?  (Scott Marlowe <scott.marlowe@gmail.com>)
Re: Time to put theory to the test?  (<gnuoytr@rcn.com>)
Re: Time to put theory to the test?  (Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us>)
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Apr 25, 2011 at 10:04 PM, Rob Wultsch <wultsch@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tip from someone that manages thousands of MySQL servers: Use InnoDB
> when using MySQL.

Granted, my knowledge of PostgreSQL (and even MSSQL) far surpasses my
knowledge of MySQL, but if InnoDB has such amazing benefits as being
crash safe, and even speed increases in some instances, why isn't
InnoDB default?  I suppose the real issue is that I prefer software
that gives me safe defaults that I can adjust towards the "unsafe" end
as far as I'm comfortable with, rather than starting off in la-la land
and working back towards sanity.

I'll concede that the issues we had with MySQL were self-inflicted for
using MyISAM.  Thanks for pointing this out.  Time to go get my
knowledge of MySQL up to par with my knowledge of PostgreSQL...