Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226

От Sethu Prasad
Тема Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226
Дата
Ответ на Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226  (Simon Riggs <simon@2ndQuadrant.com>)
Ответы Re: Postgres 9.0.4 + Hot Standby + FusionIO Drive + Performance => Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1 attribute(s) for relid 172226  (Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com>)
Список pgsql-performance
Yes it has something to do with Hot Standby, if you omit some parts on the archive then the standby instance will not have the necessary stuff and complain like this..

I kept the FusionIO drive in my checklist while attending to this issue, as we tried it looking for performance combined with read-only hot standby and in doubt I thought that the recovery is not successful on this drive safely. so I pointed that Fio Drive here.

Straight to say, I missed the pg_clog directory on archive.

seq_page_cost = 1.0

random_page_cost = 1.0
Is the above settings are fine when we deal with Fio and Performance, as I have the advice earlier stating that read and write are treated same with Fio drives.

Any suggestions on configuration changes to have read-only hot standby faster on READs.

- Sethu

On Sun, May 8, 2011 at 11:08 AM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Tue, May 3, 2011 at 10:02 AM, Sethu Prasad <sethuprasad.in@gmail.com> wrote:

> I tried with the PostgreSQL 9.0.4 + Hot Standby and running the database
> from Fusion IO Drive to understand the PG Performance.
>
> While doing so I got the "Query failed ERROR: catalog is missing 1
> attribute(s) for relid 172226". Any idea on this error? Is that combination
> PG + HotSB + Fusion IO Drive is not advisable?!

Why I wonder do you think this might have anything to do with Hot
Standby and/or FusionIO drives?

This indicates either catalog or catalog index corruption of some kind.

Did you only get this error once?