Re: Warm Standby on 8.4.7

От Simon Riggs
Тема Re: Warm Standby on 8.4.7
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, Apr 14, 2011 at 1:06 PM, Alanoly Andrews <alanolya@invera.com> wrote:

> Thanks, Simon, for your quick response. I'll try it out with your pg_standby utility. And...if I may ask you one more
questionon the subject, once the standby is up and running, is there a way to determine whether it is in synch with the
primarydatabase (in terms of the last WAL applied)? I guess that the standby cannot be queried as it would be in
permanentrecovery mode.

At 8.4, no, you cannot query the standby.

9.0 introduces the Hot Standby feature to allow you to query the standby.

От: Jerry Sievers
Сообщение: Re: Warm Standby on 8.4.7
От: "Carlos Sotto Maior \(SIM\)"
Сообщение: RES: 20110408pg upgrade fix: How do I know if I am being affected before errors occur