DBD::PG and long running queries and tcp stack timeout

От Clemens Schwaighofer
Тема DBD::PG and long running queries and tcp stack timeout
Дата
Список pgsql-general
Hi,

I have a script that runs a query on a remote server. The query will
take quite some time to finish.
Now the problem is that the tcp stack will timeout before the query is finished.

I am running the query as async and have a loop where I query the
pg_ready status every 5 seconds.

Is there anyway to send some NOOP or anything so this connection does
not timeout? Just reading pg_ready seems to do nothing, probably
because it gets filled once the query is done.

Running the query as not async has the same issues with timeout.

--
★ Clemens 呉 Schwaighofer
★ IT Engineer/Web Producer/Planning