Re: The shared buffers challenge

От Maciek Sakrejda
Тема Re: The shared buffers challenge
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
>>  After failing to get even basic good recommendations for
>> checkpoint_segments into the docs, I completely gave up on focusing there as
>> my primary way to spread this sort of information.
>
> Hmm.  That's rather unfortunate.  +1 for revisiting that topic, if you
> have the energy for it.

Another +1. While I understand that this is not simple, many users
will not look outside of standard docs, especially when first
evaluating PostgreSQL. Merlin is right that the current wording does
not really mention a down side to cranking shared_buffers on a system
with plenty of RAM.

---
Maciek Sakrejda | System Architect | Truviso

1065 E. Hillsdale Blvd., Suite 215
Foster City, CA 94404
(650) 242-3500 Main
www.truviso.com

Сообщение: Re: The shared buffers challenge
Сообщение: Re: The shared buffers challenge