Re: [GENERAL] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries

От Thom Brown
Тема Re: [GENERAL] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries
Дата
Список pgsql-general
On 17 June 2011 04:44, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Feb 9, 2011 at 4:50 AM, Thom Brown <thom@linux.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Another option would be to add this here:
>>>
>>> http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/PostgreSQL_9.1_Open_Items
>>
>> I've removed it from the commitfest because it really doesn't belong
>> there, and I've added it to the open items list.
>
> So, I finally got around to look at this, and I think there is a
> simpler solution.  When an overflow occurs while calculating the next
> value, that just means that the value we're about to return is the
> last one that should be generated.  So we just need to frob the
> context state so that the next call will decide we're done.  There are
> any of number of ways to do that; I just picked what looked like the
> easiest one.

I knew there'd be a much simpler way of solving this.  Works for me.

Thanks Robert.

--
Thom Brown
Twitter: @darkixion

The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: "David Johnston"
Сообщение: Re: [HACKERS] Issues with generate_series using integer boundaries