Re: oom_killer

От Tory M Blue
Тема Re: oom_killer
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 5:53 AM, Claudio Freire <klaussfreire@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 21, 2011 at 2:48 PM, Stephen Frost <sfrost@snowman.net> wrote:
>>
>> There's probably something else that's trying to grab all the memory and
>> then tries to use it and PG ends up getting nailed because the kernel
>> over-attributes memory to it.  You should be looking for that other
>> process..
>
> Not only that, you probably should set up your oom killer not to kill
> postmaster. Ever.

Ya did that last night setting it to a -17 ya.

and to the other user stating I should disable oom_killer all together,

Ya of setting vm.overcommit to 2 and the ratio to 0 doesn't disable
it, I don't know what else to do. out of memory is out of memory, but
if swap is not being touched, I can't tell you what the heck this
fedora team is doing/thinking

Tory