French translation

От Francois Suter
Тема French translation
Дата
Re: French translation
Список pgsql-general
A (renewed) effort has been launched by Guillaume Lelarge (with the
help of Jerome Seyler and myself) to translate PostgreSQL to French.

The goal is to translate the various applications, the manuals (doc and
man pages), as well as the FAQs. Even if we are not starting completely
from scratch, since some elements of previous versions had been
translated (we are working on 7.4), this is still quite a challenge.

As such we are looking for people who would like to participate to help
us complete the project faster. We have a web site to inform about and
coordinate our work: http://pgsql-fr.tuxfamily.org/. It's not quite
ready yet, but it displays a state of the project. It also contains a
CVS repository, a glossary of translations of technical terms, etc. We
should also soon have a separate mailing list dedicated only to this
translation effort.

We hope many French speakers will join us on this endeavour, especially
for proofreading.

Cheers.

Francois

Home page: http://www.monpetitcoin.com/

"Would Descartes have programmed in Pascal?" - Umberto Eco