postgresql basic info

От Lazarin Toni
Тема postgresql basic info
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hello,

I am Oracle DBA and i will be maybe work on a project where postgresql database will be used.

So i would be greatful if you could please advise me on the folowing :

·         Estimated time for postgresql latest RDBMS software instalation and configuration (does it takes longer on windows or on linux)

·         Are there any prefered OS, like windows or linux etc ... ?

·         Estimated time for import of 50gb of data from older postgres to the newly instaled postgres?

Thanks.

The information contained in this e-mail message is privileged and
confidential and is for the exclusive use of the addressee. The person
who receives this message and who is not the addressee, one of his
employees or an agent entitled to hand it over to the addressee, is
informed that he may not use, disclose or reproduce the contents
thereof, and is kindly asked to notify the sender and delete the e-mail
immediately.