Re: error codes in postgresql

От Sivakumar K
Тема Re: error codes in postgresql
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

Hi sandhya,

            I really wonder if the function name is pg_field_type (res, col_no).

The function name which returns the field type of a particular column is PQftype (res, col_no).

This returns the field type as oid.The oid of the built-in data types can be found in src/include/catalog/pg_type.h

When using libpq API’s you need to include only “libpq-fe.h”.

Is pg_field_type (res, col_no) an abstraction over PQftype (res, col_no) in your case?

Regards,

Siva Kumar.K