Re: Authentication Question

От Epps, Aaron M.
Тема Re: Authentication Question
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Here's the PHP code that's being used to create the connection string.  It looks like it isn't inserting anything
ifthe host name isn't specified...

 // Build the connection string
        $conn_str  = "user=".$this->user;
        $conn_str .= !empty($this->pass) ? " password='".$this->pass."'" : "";
        $conn_str .= !empty($this->host) ? " host=".$this->host : "";
        $conn_str .= !empty($this->port) ? " port=".$this->port : "";
        $conn_str .= " dbname=".$this->name;

        $this->link = pg_connect($conn_str)
          or $this->logger("Database connection failed!","DBI");
        break;
      default:
        $this->logger("Unknown database type in init()","DBI");
        break;

-----Original Message-----
From: scott.marlowe [mailto:scott.marlowe@ihs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 2:58 PM
To: Epps, Aaron M.
Cc: 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Authentication Question

I bet your connect class is distilling your $db array down into a connect string that looks like:

pg_connect("host= dbname=db user=username");

And the presence of a host= in there is goofing things up.  Can you edit the class to make sure it isn't inserting a
host=part before connecting?

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Epps, Aaron M. wrote:

>      There is no hostname specified in the PHP code when it connects to
> PostgreSQL, so it's using a socket connections then correct?  Also, I
> did SIGHUP the PostgreSQL server after the configuration changes.
> Here's what the PHP config file looks like that's used to connect to
> PostgreSQL
>
> $db = array(
>     "type"    =>    "pgsql",
>     "host"    =>    "",
>     "port"    =>    "",
>     "name"    =>    "issue-tracker",
>     "user"    =>    "webuser",
>     "pass"    =>    "password"
> );
>

>     I wonder if  it's trying to authenticate because there's a username and password specified in the pg_connect()
function. However, when I remove the username and password I get the following error...

> Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user
"dbname=issue-tracker". in /var/www/html/issue-tracker/includes/classes/dbi.class.php on line 98 "

> Thoughts?

testingpurposes, but when the application I'm using tries to connect to the PostgreSQL Db (Using PHP) I get the
followingerror.

> > > " Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user
"webuser". in /var/www/html/issue-tracker/includes/classes/dbi.class.php on line 98 "