Re: Authentication Question

От Epps, Aaron M.
Тема Re: Authentication Question
Список pgsql-admin

-----Original Message-----
From: scott.marlowe [mailto:scott.marlowe@ihs.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 28, 2003 2:37 PM
To: Tom Lane
Cc: Epps, Aaron M.; 'pgsql-admin@postgresql.org'
Subject: Re: [ADMIN] Authentication Question

On Tue, 28 Oct 2003, Tom Lane wrote:

> "Epps, Aaron M." <Epps.Aaron@mayo.edu> writes:
> >     I've got an authentication questions.  I've just setup pg_hba.conf to use "local    all    all    trust" for
testingpurposes, but when the application I'm using tries to connect to the PostgreSQL Db (Using PHP) I get the
followingerror.

> > " Warning: pg_connect(): Unable to connect to PostgreSQL server: FATAL: IDENT authentication failed for user
"webuser". in /var/www/html/issue-tracker/includes/classes/dbi.class.php on line 98 "

> > To me, it looks like PostgreSQL is still trying to authenticate,
> > even
> though it should be trusting all local socket connections.
>
> (1) Did you SIGHUP the postmaster after editing the config file?
> ("pg_ctl reload" is the easy way to do this.)  If not, it's still
> using whatever setup you had before.
>
> (2) It's fairly likely that PHP will try to connect via TCP/IP even
> for a local server.  If so, the relevant pg_hba.conf line will be the
> one for 127.0.0.1, not the "local" line.  "local" is for Unix-socket
> connections.

This is correct if you specify a host name:

pg_connect("host=local dbname=db")  <- TCP/IP
pg_connect("dbname=db") <- local unix sockets (i.e. no host=)