Re: Recommended cluster locale (initdb)?

От Vladimir Borodin
Тема Re: Recommended cluster locale (initdb)?
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

23 сент. 2016 г., в 17:07, Jan-Peter Seifert <Jan-Peter.Seifert@gmx.de> написал(а):

Hello,

I wonder which locale to choose for the PostgreSQL server itself.

C for performance or a UTF-8 locale for compatibility?

Especially if there are LATIN1- and UTF-8 databases etc. ...

I did not find any articles discussing this.

Could you tell me, please?

Locale should be most certainly UTF-8. The thing to doubt is collation, you can read about it here [1].

Thank you very much,

Peter