Re: Talking about optimizer, my long dream

От Merlin Moncure
Тема Re: Talking about optimizer, my long dream
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
2011/2/4 Mladen Gogala <mladen.gogala@vmsinfo.com>:
> Віталій Тимчишин wrote:
>>
>> Hi, all.
>>
>> All this optimizer vs hint thread
>
> There is no "optimizer vs. hint". Hints are a necessary part of the
> optimizer in all other databases. Without hints Postgres will not get used
> in the company that I work for, period. I was willing to wait but the fatwa
> against hints seems unyielding, so that's it. I am even inclined to believe
> that deep down under the hood, this fatwa has an ulterior motive, which
> disgusts me deeply. With hints, there would be far fewer consulting gigs.
>
> Mladen Gogala Sr. Oracle DBA
> 1500 Broadway
> New York, NY 10036
> (212) 329-5251
> www.vmsinfo.com

Ah, that's too bad...we really will miss you here.  With luck and a
good helping of Oracle expertise you should be finally be able to get
that 14 record table under control!

merlin

Сообщение: Re: inheritance: planning time vs children number vs column number
Сообщение: Re: inheritance: planning time vs children number vs column number