Re: IDE x SAS RAID 0 on HP DL 380 G5 P400i controller performance problem

От Daniel Ferreira de Lima
Тема Re: IDE x SAS RAID 0 on HP DL 380 G5 P400i controller performance problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

That said, a look into the write-caching+BBU policy on your controller is worthwhile.  If you're running this application successfully on some hardware but not others, that could be a source for the difference.

I think it's really a BBU/BBWC problem.
The tests that we made in the lab with HP Blade G5 (G6 doesn't support kernel version 2.4) turning the battery off show us the 'same' performance of the "pizza-box" HP DL 380 G5..  an old joke.  40 secs to 2000 insertions: like a chariot.

We're finding the cache expansion and batteries (and.. why it's not default???).

I think that this thread is now finished.

Thanks!
--
Daniel Ferreira