Fwd: performance on new linux box

От Ryan Wexler
Тема Fwd: performance on new linux box
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

---------- Forwarded message ----------
From: Ryan Wexler <ryan@iridiumsuite.com>
Date: Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:12 AM
Subject: Re: [PERFORM] performance on new linux box
To: Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com>

On Thu, Jul 8, 2010 at 10:10 AM, Craig James <craig_james@emolecules.com> wrote:
On 7/8/10 9:31 AM, Ryan Wexler wrote:
Thanks a lot for all the comments.  The fact that both my windows box
and the old linux box both show a massive performance improvement over
the new linux box seems to point to hardware to me.  I am not sure how
to test the fsync issue, but i don't see how that could be it.

The raid card the server has in it is:
3Ware 4 Port 9650SE-4LPML RAID Card

Looking it up, it seems to indicate that it has BBU

Make sure the battery isn't dead.  Most RAID controllers drop to non-BBU speeds if they detect that the battery is faulty.

Craig