Re: [PERFORM] Using more tha one index per table

От Rob Wultsch
Тема Re: [PERFORM] Using more tha one index per table
Дата
Список pgsql-docs

On Thu, Jul 22, 2010 at 1:35 AM, Richard Huxton <dev@archonet.com> wrote:
On 22/07/10 03:27, Greg Smith wrote:
Steve Atkins wrote:
If http://postgresql.org/docs/9.0/* were to 302 redirect to
http://postgresql.org/docs/current/* while 9.0 is the current release
(and similarly for 9.1 and so on) I suspect we'd find many more links
to current and fewer links to specific versions after a year or two.

True, but this would leave people with no way to bookmark a permanent
link to whatever is the current version, which will represent a
regression for how some people want the site to work.

Having a quick look at the website, a simple change might be to have a large "CURRENT MANUALS" link above all the versioned links. That should help substantially.

--
 Richard Huxton
 Archonet Ltd

I suggested a few weeks ago adding a drop down menu for other version of the manual for a page. I have not had time to write a patch, but I think it is something that MySQL does better that pg.

As an example take a look at the page on select for MySQL: http://dev.mysql.com/doc/refman/5.1/en/select.html .

If you want a earlier or later version they are easily accessible via a link on the left.

--
Rob Wultsch
wultsch@gmail.com