Re: Table partitioning problem

От Conor Walsh
Тема Re: Table partitioning problem
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Mon, Mar 14, 2011 at 12:40 PM, Robert Haas <robertmhaas@gmail.com> wrote:
> Generally, table partitioning is not a good idea unless you are
> dealing with really large tables, and nearly all of your queries apply
> only to a single partition.  Most likely you are better off not using
> table inheritance in the first place if you need this feature.

I don't know if my tables count as 'large' or not, but I've gotten
some good mileage in the past out of time-based partitioning and
setting higher compression levels on old tables.  Also the ability to
drop-and-reload a day is sometimes useful, but I grant that it would
be better to never need to do that.

-C.