Re: installation on Sun Solaris for version 8.4

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: installation on Sun Solaris for version 8.4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Thu, May 20, 2010 at 11:56 AM,  <Sherry.CTR.Zhu@faa.gov> wrote:

> All,
>
>   I downloaded the file for Sun solaris 8.4 version, and extracted.  Can
> someone tell me where the configure script is?  Which unix account should
> run this script?  You help is very appreciated.

It looks like you're compiling from source so you can run this from
any account really.

./configure
make
sudo make install

After that you can create a service account for it (just a regular
user account is fine really) and use that to run initdb and pg_ctl

sudo adduser postgres
sudo mkdir /usr/local/pgsql/data
sudo chown postgres.postgres /usr/local/pgsql/data
sudo su - postgres
initdb -D /usr/local/pgsql/data
pg_ctl -D /usr/local/pgsql/data start

OR something like that.  I'm a RedHat / Ubuntu guy so I'm not sure
what command in Solaris is used to create an account, but I'm sure you
do, so just substitute it up there where I ran adduser.