Re: could not truncate directory "pg_subtrans": apparent wraparound

От Mikko Partio
Тема Re: could not truncate directory "pg_subtrans": apparent wraparound
Дата
Список pgsql-admin

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 10:55 PM, Simon Riggs <simon@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
On Mon, 2010-05-24 at 08:46 +0300, Mikko Partio wrote:

> It was freshly initdb'd with beta1 binaries, the contents were loded
> from a pg_dump file. The number of transactions is very small, we're
> talking about thousands (not billions). This database is the master of
> a hot standby installation, if that matters.

Have you ever performed a switchover operation? If you've never run an
extended recovery on that server, its less likely to be anything HS
related.

Are you running any special hot standby parameters?

With this database instance (beta1 initdb'd) I have not made failovers. I don't think I have any special hot standby parameters either.

Non-default hot standby related configuration options (master database):

wal_level = hot_standby                 # minimal, archive, or hot_standby
archive_mode = on               # allows archiving to be done
archive_command = '/postgresql/bin/archive_wal.sh "%p" "%f"'            # command to use to archive a logfile segment
archive_timeout = 3600          # force a logfile segment switch after this
hot_standby = off               # allows queries during recovery
max_wal_senders = 3             # max number of walsender processes
wal_keep_segments = 10          # in logfile segments, 16MB each; 0 disables

Regards

Mikko