Re: NULLS LAST performance

От Robert Haas
Тема Re: NULLS LAST performance
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Wed, Mar 9, 2011 at 6:01 PM, Jim Nasby <jim@nasby.net> wrote:
> Unfortunately, I don't think the planner actually has that level of knowledge.

Actually, I don't think it would be that hard to teach the planner
about that special case...

> A more reasonable fix might be to teach the executor that it can do 2 scans of the index: one to get non-null data
anda second to get null data. I don't know if the use case is prevalent enough to warrant the extra code though.

That would probably be harder, but useful.  I thought about working on
it before but got sidetracked onto other things.

--
Robert Haas
The Enterprise PostgreSQL Company

От: sverhagen
Сообщение: Re: Performance trouble finding records through related records
От: fork
Сообщение: Tuning massive UPDATES and GROUP BY's?