Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?

От Marti Raudsepp
Тема Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Sun, Oct 31, 2010 at 21:59, Greg Smith <greg@2ndquadrant.com> wrote:
> open_datasync support was just added to Linux itself very recently.

Oh I didn't realize it was a new feature. Indeed O_DSYNC support was
added in 2.6.33

It seems like bad behavior on PostgreSQL's part to default to new,
untested features.

I have updated the tuning wiki page with my understanding of the problem:
http://wiki.postgresql.org/wiki/Tuning_Your_PostgreSQL_Server#wal_sync_method_wal_buffers

Regards,
Marti

Сообщение: Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?
Сообщение: Re: Defaulting wal_sync_method to fdatasync on Linux for 9.1?