Re: 8.2 "real-time" recovery

От Dragos Valentin Moinescu
Тема Re: 8.2 "real-time" recovery
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
I used rsync to create a base backup. Though I have 10 huge tables
(min 1GB each) that are modified several times a second, thus creating
a base backup hourly means I have to sync arround 10G each time (which
is pretty time consuming).

I do not want to use the standby server. This is why I am pretty happy
with stop - start + recover.

I cannot base backup anymore :(

Is there any other possibility? I cannot use slony or buccardo as I
don't control the number of databases or tables.

I think the best approach is pgpool2 but there seems to be issues with
sequences and those tables depend upon these sequences.

Thank you

--
Best regards,
Dragos Moinescu