Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3

От Jason Tan Boon Teck
Тема Re: Downgrading v8.4 database to v8.3
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Dbname = perak
psql file was pg_dumped from v8.4

Trying to restore in v8.3:
postgres@gem:/mnt/d/0/psql$ pg_restore --disable-triggers -d perak
perak-100403_2330.psql
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header

Second attempt with "-i":
postgres@gem:/mnt/d/0/psql$ pg_restore --disable-triggers -i -d perak
perak-100403_2330.psql
pg_restore: [archiver] unsupported version (1.11) in file header

The database was inserted with records using PHP application developed
on machine using v8.3. It was used for 2 days in machine with v8.4.  I
wish to use this database for further development on the development
machine.

Jason

On Thu, May 6, 2010 at 12:38 AM, Tom Lane <tgl@sss.pgh.pa.us> wrote:
> Jason Tan Boon Teck <tanboonteck@gmail.com> writes:
>> I don't think I have used any new v8.4 feature, since I finally had my
>> first encounter with v8.4 this week.
>
>> What should i be looking for in the dump script?
>
> [ shrug... ]  You never explained what failed about your previous
> attempt, so it's hard to give any detailed guidance.  The rule of
> thumb is to fix whatever 8.3 complains about when you try to load
> the dump.

Jason Tan Boon Teck