Re: Migrating a live database

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: Migrating a live database
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
On Mon, Jan 17, 2011 at 10:07 PM, Vladislav Geller
<vladislav.geller@vincorex.ch> wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I'm currently in the process of migrating a huge live database from one part of the world to the other (for local use
anddata analysis). The bandwidth does not allow me to get a decent transfer speed. Furthermore i can not migrate during
businesshours since the connection is critical. This leaves me with a timeframe of 9 hours a day where i can migrate
thisdatabase. Does anyone have experience he is willing to share in respect how to migrate such databases?

Do you have the bandwidth to transfer the whole database in those 9 hours?
Or, can you set up replication using slony / PITR / Bucardo /
Londiste, and use traffic shaping to make sure it doesn't flood your
network and wait a week or two til it catches up?

Those are the only two answers I can think of.

От: "Gnanakumar"
Сообщение: How do I stop/disable PITR and safely clean WAL segments?
От: Vladimir Rusinov
Сообщение: Re: Migrating a live database