Re: SELECT ignoring index even though ORDER BY and LIMIT present

От Szymon Guz
Тема Re: SELECT ignoring index even though ORDER BY and LIMIT present
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

2010/6/2 Jori Jovanovich <jori@dimensiology.com>
hi,

I have a problem space where the main goal is to search backward in time for events.  Time can go back very far into the past, and so the
table can get quite large.  However, the vast majority of queries are all satisfied by relatively recent data.  I have an index on the row creation date and I would like almost all of my queries to have a query plan looking something like:

[CUT]

Do you have autovacuum running? Have you tried updating statistics?

regards
Szymon Guz

Сообщение: Re: SELECT ignoring index even though ORDER BY and LIMIT present
Сообщение: Re: SELECT ignoring index even though ORDER BY and LIMIT present