Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 x64 bit pgbench TPC very low question?

От tuanhoanganh
Тема Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 x64 bit pgbench TPC very low question?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance

On Thu, Dec 23, 2010 at 9:37 PM, Kevin Grittner <Kevin.Grittner@wicourts.gov> wrote:
tuanhoanganh <hatuan05@gmail.com> wrote:

> Could you show me what parameter of pgbouncer.ini can do that. I
> read pgbouncer and can not make pgbouncer open and keep 200
> connect to postgres

What makes you think that 200 connections to PostgreSQL will be a
good idea?  Perhaps you want a smaller number of connections from
pgbouncer to PostgreSQL and a larger number from your application to
pgbouncer?

If you read this thread, My app has ~ 20 exe file, each of exe create new connect to postgesql and there are 10-30 user use my application.
My server running Windows 2008 R2. In this thread, postgresql on windows create new connect very slow

"Starting a new connection in PG is relatively slow, especially so on
Windows, because it involves starting and setting up a new process for
each one.
Jeff Janes "

So I need a tool to open and keep 200 connect to postgres, my application connect to this tool. And decrease time to connect to postgres ( because no need to start new postgres process on windows)

If you search the archives you can probably find at least 100 posts
about how both throughput and response time degrade when you have
more connections active then there are resources to use.
(Saturation is often around twice the CPU core count plus the
effective number of spindles, with caching reducing the latter.)  It
is quite often the case that a transaction will complete sooner if
it is queued for later execution than if it is thrown into a mix
where resources are saturated.

-Kevin

Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 x64 bit pgbench TPC very low question?
Сообщение: Re: PostgreSQL 9.0 x64 bit pgbench TPC very low question?