Error while setting up streaming replication, postgres 9.0-beta 4

От fazool mein
Тема Error while setting up streaming replication, postgres 9.0-beta 4
Дата
Список pgsql-admin
Hello everyone,

OS = Linux Suse, sles 11, 64-bit
Postgres version = 9.0 beta-4

I'm trying to test streaming replication. I set up a primary and secondary. The primary starts normal, but when I start the standby, it doesn't start up. The log looks like this:

LOG:  database system was interrupted while in recovery at log time 2010-08-23 13:30:43 EDT
HINT:  If this has occurred more than once some data might be corrupted and you might need to choose an earlier recovery target.
LOG:  entering standby mode
WARNING:  WAL was generated with wal_level=minimal, data may be missing
HINT:  This happens if you temporarily set wal_level=minimal without taking a new base backup.
FATAL:  hot standby is not possible because wal_level was not set to "hot_standby" on the master server
HINT:  Either set wal_level to "hot_standby" on the master, or turn off hot_standby here.
LOG:  startup process (PID 5875) exited with exit code 1
LOG:  aborting startup due to startup process failure

Note that I have checked multiple times that 'wal_level' is set to 'hot_standby' on the primary, and the secondary has correct connection information to the primary in 'resolve.conf'.

Any pointers?

Thanks.