Re: Autovacuum in postgres.

От venu madhav
Тема Re: Autovacuum in postgres.
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
Thanks for the reply..
           I am using postgres 8.01 and since it runs on a client box, I can't upgrade it. I've set the auto vacuum nap time to 3600 seconds.

On Thu, May 27, 2010 at 8:03 PM, Bruce Momjian <bruce@momjian.us> wrote:
venu madhav wrote:
> Hi All,
>        In my application we are using postgres which runs on an embedded
> box. I have configured autovacuum to run once for every one hour. It has 5
> different databases in it. When I saw the log messages, I found that it is
> running autovacuum on one database every hour. As a result, on my database
> autovacuum is run once in 5 hours. Is there any way to make it run it every
> hour.

What settings did you change to make it run every hour?  Also, it will
only vacuum tables that need vacuuming.  What version of Postgres are
you using?

--
 Bruce Momjian  <bruce@momjian.us>        http://momjian.us
 EnterpriseDB                             http://enterprisedb.com

От: Wales Wang
Сообщение: Re: File system choice for Red Hat systems