Re: WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?

От Scott Marlowe
Тема Re: WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?
Дата
Список pgsql-performance
On Tue, Jul 6, 2010 at 7:10 PM, Richard Yen <richyen@iparadigms.com> wrote:
> This leads me to believe that there was a sudden flurry of write activity that occurred, and the process that would
flushWAL files to /db/data/ couldn't keep up, thereby filling up the disk.  I'm wondering if anyone else out there
mightbe able to give me some insight or comments to my assessment--is it accurate?  Any input would be helpful, and
I'lltry to make necessary architectural changes to keep this from happening again.

I tend to agree.  What kind of disk setup is under your data store?
If it's RAID-5 or RAID-6 is it possibly degraded?

I'd run iostat -xd 10 while the write load it high to see how your
xlog partition %util compares to the main data store partition.

Do you have your main data store partition under a battery backed
caching RAID controller?  Tell us what you can about your hardware
setup.

От: Richard Yen
Сообщение: WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?
От: Scott Marlowe
Сообщение: Re: WAL partition overloaded--by autovacuum?